John F. Greco
I am a New York attorney with seventeen years of practical experience in technology, intellectual property, corporate, and international law. My current practice focuses on assisting intellectual-value companies with a full range of legal needs in a cost effective online format. Previously, I was an associate at a large law firm, and a consultant for the United Nations.
Before law, I earned an M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and spent eleven years building innovative software.
- Attorney for dozens of entrepreneurial companies, providing a broad range of legal services from incorporation through financing to acquisition.
- Documented IP defenses for a major stock exchange, analyzing documents, email, and source code.
- Managed e-discovery for a global media company in disputes exceeding one billion alleged infringements.
- Negotiated 100+ technology procurement and sourcing deals for a top insurance company.
- Reviewed 200+ IPOs for a variety of insider activities.
- Developed a corporate invention program for a major financial institution. Within a year the patent pipeline had 75+ applications.
- Managed a complex domain name portfolio for a global beverage/entertainment company with thousands of names and dozens of active disputes.
- As a legal technologist for the United Nations, I developed the World Court website and assisted with web publication of the ILOLEX database.
- As software engineer, I created award-winning software for building energy design (BEEM), software for manufacturing/aerospace (Gerber Systems), and dozens of educational programs (Smith College).
I am also a founder, currently active with an online language learning venture.
I travel frequently, especially to Italy (Catania), where I lived, 2010-13, and our daughter was born, 2011. We are frequently in Catania and other parts of Italy.
One Click Sign-up with Facebook or LinkedIn
- A Basic Account is Free
- Click one of the social network buttons below
- Upgrade to full courses, as you like
- Easy to Unsubscribe or Modify Newsletter
- Privacy Enhanced